Greetings and Salutations

Greetings from the beautiful Southwest! This is a glimpse into the crazy life of me, my son Zach and my daughter Jentzy.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reading Endorsement

As a condition of my employment, I have to get a reading endorsement. It's not that bad of a thing -- I was already working on it in Oregon. And, it's always good in the educational field to get as many endorsements as possible. Plus, my district is currently paying for the classes -- $45 per class (3 graduate credits). What a deal! You can't beat that. The only problem is that the classes are every Wednesday from 4:30-8:30 on the EdNet system until NEXT Christmas. Aye aye!

Tonight is the last class for the second course. This class has been easy and hard. The only "assignment" was to read 100 books. Yes, I said that right, 100 books. And, while the grade school teachers mostly read "picture books", I read mostly novels. So, if you're looking for a good book in a variety of genres, I'm the person to ask. And, I read all 100 books while teaching full time and directing a musical. Thank goodness I only have one child right now. Whew!!

My next class starts in two weeks and it's a writing class -- my specialty.

No comments:

Post a Comment