Greetings and Salutations

Greetings from the beautiful Southwest! This is a glimpse into the crazy life of me, my son Zach and my daughter Jentzy.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Will Roger Follies

Wow! What an experience! I have been involved with drama in one way or another for the past 25 years, but directing a play is something completely different. The musical Will Rogers Follies: A Life in Revue went much better than I anticipated. Of course, the rule with musicals is that they don't come together until opening night. "Mom Adams" you may have said that more than 20 years ago, but it still rings through.


During the course of the four-night run, we had more than 750 people attend. We didn't keep ticket stubs, so we aren't exactly sure. We're waiting for final bills and such, but it looks like we actually made money -- about $1,000!! The local newspaper gave us a beautiful front page picture and a double-truck (2-page color spread). Too bad it came out after the play was over, but free publicity is free publicity.

I'm so glad that Debbie Christiansen and Lynnette Adams of EOTS (Edge of the Seaters) Theatre Company asked me to team with them. I couldn't have done this on my own! There were so many little things that I didn't know about. Plus, Lynnette's 30-plus years of drama teaching experience was a godsend. Too bad all "new" teachers can't tap into resources like this.

The play wasn't without problems, but thankfully I have AMAZING techs. If there's a way to flunk Michael and keep him around next year, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment