Greetings and Salutations

Greetings from the beautiful Southwest! This is a glimpse into the crazy life of me, my son Zach and my daughter Jentzy.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Here's to a new year

Zach and I arrived safely (albeit a lot of turbulence) back in Salt Lake. Because of the weather, we stayed near the airport. We had some shopping to do the next day and it sounded like the roads were still really bad, so Zach and I spent New Year's Eve in Provo. Not probably how Zach wanted to spend the holiday, but as he said, "Whatever makes you the least stressed." Ah, what a good son. We made our way home on New Year's Day. Overall the roads weren't that bad -- a few sketchy spots on Hwy.6 over Soldier's Summit -- until we got to San Juan County. I don't think they know what a snow plow is here in this county, as the roads were snow covered and barely two wheel tracks all the way to San Juan. For once, everyone drove at a decent speed and the deer were nice enough to stay in the woods. When we got to town proper, only Main Street and Center Street were clear. Our street was completely snow packed. I had Zach call our neighbor on our way home and he was nice enough to shovel out our driveway for us -- which was good, considering we had gotten about two feet of snow.

It's good to be home, although it seems that I have come down with a slight cold. Argh! I have sniffles, sore throat, etc. School is back in full swing. The 2nd quarter ended on Dec. 23, so grades and such are done. Zach did "ok", but not as good as I would have liked. He got 2 Cs, 2 As and 2 Bs. The third quarter is now underway and I'm preparing for a busy couple of months. I'm having a meeting tomorrow about the regional drama competition that will occur in late March, and then on both Friday and Monday, I'm having auditons for the upcoming musical "Little Shop of Horrors" that we will perform Feb. 24, 25, 26, 28 and 29. I'm a little hesitant and scared about my first on-my-own production, but I'm really exicted, too. I have a great and energetic student as my student director. She's already started drawing up plans for the puppet, which has gotten me even more excited. I hope it goes well, but am pretty confident it will be a great production.

Zach has three new classes: home ec, P.E. and study hall. He chose to drop Spanish and take study hall, instead. I think extra time to study will be a good thing. He's actually pretty excited about home ec, too. Must be all the girls. He's still working on his scout stuff, in fact, I need to get him a new book because he left his last one in someone's truck or house.

No comments:

Post a Comment