Greetings and Salutations

Greetings from the beautiful Southwest! This is a glimpse into the crazy life of me, my son Zach and my daughter Jentzy.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Random Thoughts

Wow! 2011 is not starting off that good. Or, it could just be the end of times. Or, it could just be a fluke. I think I'll take door number 2, please.

I think I am cursed as a drama teacher. During my first quarter, one of my students lost his stepmom. Right before Christmas and the end of the second quarter, one of my girls lost a sister in a bizarre accident (possibly due to a texting driver). Now, only into the second week of the third quarter, my head techie lost his father. The local fire chief, a man in excellent health, died of a heart aneurysm. What tragedies. My heart is so sad and so full of love for these poor kids. I believe that families will be together again and that this earthly existence is but a moment in the grand scheme of time, but I still don't have to like it.

Also, within the last week, a Senator and several others were shot during a meet-and-greet in Tucson by some disgruntled person. The politicos are trying to make it political and stating that he was protesting some recent governmental decision, but in reality, he was just a crazy.

As if that's not bad enough. The chief of police in Rainier, Oregon (a town about 15 miles from where I grew up) was also shot last week. He had gone to a car dealership on a report of a man trying to steal a car. The thief shot him in the head. While the chief was able to get off a shot (and wounded the thief), the thief was also able to get off a shot and killed the police chief. Geez! I guess I'm a cousin to him by marriage. He is my great-uncle's nephew-in-law.

Enough of the negative. Life is depressing, that is true, but there is so much beauty and good in life, too. We started practice for "Little Shop of Horrors" yesterday. I have a great cast and a great crew -- they're all really excited and I think this is going to turn out AWESOME!! I'm really excited, too. Renting the plants will cost minimum $1200, so we're going to make our own. Becca "Techa" Jean has been doodling sketches for teh plant all week. Performances will be Feb. 25, 26, 28 and March 1.

Here in Blanding, they have a merit badge "palooza" each year. For the next three weeks, Zach has the opportunity to work on some of the badges he's been slacking on. All he needs for his "first class" status is a scout master interview/board of review. He's been waiting for that for about 6 months. I need to remind the guys here to get on that.


Despite the recent negatives, life is good and I am healthy, happy and walking -- which is more than some people (although the stinkin snow could melt already!). My cat loves me, eventhough he often thinks my leg is a chew toy at the most inopportune times. Zach said the other day that he thinks I'm a lot happier with Twitch around. I don't really notice any difference, except that I'm careful when I put the chair leg down and when I come out of the bathroom. I have a great job, a great calling in the church and two great kids (even though I yell at them all the time ;p) My family is supportive and even wear the yellow and green when asked. Speaking of my Ducks, they represented themselves well at the national Championship. Go Ducks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment